Wednesday, November 26, 2014

(rest is a state of mind)

Father, teach my mind, my heart, to rest.
For I am your tired child, and I am sore.
your rest is calm, and serious,
it is me asleep beneath this shield.
my faith is the shield I yield,
(but the battle is the LORD'S.)
and I keep it
posted high above my head;
but Father help me when it takes
all my strength
just to lift these arms and
my hands shake,
so tired from carrying a load and so many things I never
knew how to let go of and only only
hold what you put in them
(the shield in one hand, the sword in the other)
Would you lift these arms with the strength behind your own
(called easy and light)
this child inside is knocking, trapped behind a wall
beneath my skin grown hard
(I wore myself out constructing what I was never meant to construct)
but
with each knock a new brick falls
and through the cracks, your light
is beginning to shine,
and this tired child is waking up to see your glory.

"Return to your rest, my soul, for the Lord has been good to you." 
Psalm 116:7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home