Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Jesus, be my portion

"Just a little while ago,
I couldn't feel the power or the hope
I couldn't cope,
I couldn't feel a thing.
Just a little while back, 
I was desperate, broken, laid out, 
hoping you would come."

(From "Less Like Scars," by Sara Groves)

It's been a consistent almost 100 degrees these past few weeks.  Even though it's a dry heat, hot it still hot.  It cools down at night,  or so they say, I wouldn't know because the cooling happens during the wee hours while I am fast asleep.  But yes.  You do get used to it.  Tonight there is a chance of rain.  I cannot remember the last time I saw rain in the near forecast.  Rain feels appropriate. 
I want to eat something soft and sweet.
The trouble is it will not satisfy me.  It never has. It only leaves me longing.  
So I'd rather not eat and feel the longing I'm already feeling,
and maybe in that, there is a little bit of healing.  

-XOXO,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home