Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Scarred

I am going to say this like it is: Divorce is like being cut in half, head to toe, with a very sharp knife.  It is a knife that pierces through skull, and brain matter, and heart matter, and all areas of spirit, soul and body. 
 It is not a straight cut, the pieces fall where they may, and it is very very messy. Some people (all people?) bleed out and never recover from that.  
Some people scab over and learn to walk with a limp.   At some point, you are able to look back behind you and see that your life has taken a course you never would have ever expected, and here you are now, in a very different place and with very different circumstances,
 (I would have never chosen these curtains.  Or would I.  Or maybe I did. Maybe I just did.)
hoping you learned.  Because it was too high a price to pay.  
     If you can avoid it, don't do it.
     This is very wise advice.  
     Jesus is the only healer, mender, fixer, restorer, and He is our only hope.
     I know this now more than ever before.  
This is the beginning of the middle of my story.

XOXO,

     

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home