Friday, October 24, 2014

Someday, I will explain this, at least I sure think so.

Twice this week, I was humiliated.  Maybe I was humiliated more times than that, but there were only two times of which I was aware.  I am not brave enough to tell you those stories just now.  They are still too close to me.  But I have a sense that these two stories, when told hand in hand in years down the road, will have a greater impact than they could have at this point, were I to tell them yet.       I wonder how many things are like that.  We are all a work in progress.  And process needs to be had, and we do not enjoy the process, but in the end, we are shiny and clear for having gone through a process, which sometimes left us humiliated.   
                                                                     Oh wow.  
I told you that I was humiliated twice this week, and I just remembered a third humiliation which also happened this past week.  Three different stories, containing three different sets of scenery and characters, well, me, I was the main central character in all of them, like hi, here I am the sore thumb sticking out in the middle of my own life.  But though these events are various stories of their own, they are all related, and not just because they were stories that contain "myself" and "humiliation."  They are stories that are related because they relate to a particular subject matter that unifies them.  Maybe you would not have felt humiliated in the scenarios running through my mind if you were the me character in the story.  But oh my werrrrd, I JUST remembered humiliation number four.  Yes, also having occurred this week, and also different and the same in all the ways the incidents listed above are different and the same from each other.  Maybe it was my job to be humiliated this week.  Maybe there is a lesson I have yet to glean that will work it's way out until I understand it.  Wow, if I were reading this and not from the perspective of from within my own eyeballs, I would be really annoyed at the superfluous amount of words, yet subtle (to zero) amount of detail contained herein.  Simply put, I am too humiliated to share my own stories.  (4, And probably more I have blocked out of conscious memory.)  Writing just this makes me that much more respectful and honoring (in my mind) to those who have written humiliating and embarrassing (to them) things about themselves in public forums.  I plan to join your circle, probably in a decade or less.  When I am standing on a different precipice from here, complete with a very radically different view.  crash crash go the waves along the cliffs and these tall rocks constantly wet from the splashing and getting no relief from it.  Always cold and always standing to take another beating.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home