Monday, October 20, 2014

Words I can hear with no sound

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.  Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge.  They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard in them.  Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.  In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.  It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, like a champion rejoicing to run his course.  It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is deprived of it's warmth." -Psalm 19:1-6

Dear Lord, what exactly are you saying with the words that have no voice and yet they are heard?
Because today, the sky was periwinkle.  
And I really like that shade of periwinkle. 
I would wear sweaters of periwinkle in that exact shade.
And what would I be saying as I wore them?

I've got some heavy things on my mind today.
I spent a good portion of last night weeping. 

In spite of this, the joy.  In spite of this, the beauty.

So I did what I usually do when consumed with grief.  I prayed and ate cookies.  Paleo gluten free chocolate chip cookies which have so many nuts in them they are practically a nut in and of themselves, with chocolate chips added for meaning.  I said to myself, "I know that cookies will not make me feel better.  But I sure do like the taste."   
    Then I left my battered heart on the altar and went to sleep.
     I dreamed that I knew something I could not possibly know,
     I dreamed that I saw what was coming, 
     and awoke with a reminder of purpose.
Then the every morning busy caught me up.
but
     As soon as I opened the front door, a rainbow was
     coming straight out of a cloud;
     I'm pretty sure it was streaming straight from the throne of God, 
and landing someplace down below what I could at that moment see, 
 touch, or comprehend.  
But there is a treasure in that ending place, I do believe.  It was meant for me, and anyone else who had seen it and taken the time to listen and hear.

I put the kids in the car, and backed out of the driveway.  As I started to drive, the rain shower began.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home