Wednesday, February 14, 2018

A time called When

familiar to me, these winds and these clammers
these fairy like nymphs with their small handled hammers
the woods were not lonely; the glow was so bright
through the trees as we ran chasing peacocks. My tights
in my patten black buckle shoes tapped down the grass
the whole world was ours for the tender trespass.
 and there, past the stones standing this way and that
is where I last saw her, her funny pink hat,
that's where she left off this place, quick as light
and I haven't seen her since later that night
 She left all the way gone, leaving nothing at all;
my tights got too tight and my shoes got too small
in a land called before, in a time we called when.
 Now's winter, and I haven't seen her again.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home