Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Oh heart, my heart

Oh heart, my heart,
I sang a song to try to tell you all 
about the world I know.  Where rivers run 
and breezes blow, where grandma tried 
to hide her tears when grandpa died
but i was six and I looked up in time 
to see their silent drip, effortless down endless cheeks 
each silent tear contained a memory turned clear.
oh heart my heart, I sang a song to tell you how
the day is long the night-
is night.
I cannot unaffect you now by 
what I know
this world below
blows cold and wet and drips to let some crystals form
in deepest caves, 
but it will take a thousand years.
I sang a song, oh heart my heart, to try to try
but I can't put you back again
and i can't fix you heart, my heart, 
no I can't fix your heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home