Thursday, October 25, 2018

There's A House on a Hill

There's a house on the hill in the distance-
I see it from here where I stand.
The valley between us untampered,
unpaved, all this tree covered land.

But there must be ways to that clearing,
where smoke billows up to the sky
from chimney in use on the inside
so how does one get there? How high

is it to the top of that mountain?
I simply can't tell over here.
It just looks so small, white and quiet
from all of the noise I can't hear.

And I don't have words to describe it, 
what I'm feeling here in this place
but life has a way to untame you,
and love has a way to erase

what I used to think were descriptors,
but now they just all sound the same.
But if there were words for this new hope,
then I would have written your name.

There's a house over there where I'm looking-
Oh please can we go there someday? 
The way in, our own whispered secret,
and once we are in, there we'll stay.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home