Thursday, August 16, 2018

Two Fathers

My First Father gave me these mountains and rivers,
My second one took me to see them.
The first made my eyes,
and the second surprised me by teaching me how to find rare gems.
Sometimes, it was glass insulators near tracks he'd collected by digging them up there.
Smooth agates the water had washed over decades and now were so smooth to the touch there.
My First Father made and had hidden these things that my second had sought and collected,
then lined up on shelves after cleaning them off, things that everyone else had neglected.
But both of them knew what is perfectly true: that a treaure is just what you treasure.
My First Father made what my second collected, and both, I think, found it a pleasure.
Now both of my Fathers are together in Heaven, and tossing me  gifts from above.
Such as you, and the way you showed up here one day. Now it's you I will never not love.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home