Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Me and a Wolf

I started this journey one night on my own.
The train car was full so I walked on alone.
The moon that slung low was my only dull guide.
From deep in the darkness, a lonely wolf cried.
Or maybe he didn't feel lonely, but blue?
I just know when I heard it, I felt his howl too.
Perhaps you now wonder if I was afraid.
Who knows what was hid, watching me from the shade?
Yes. For I'm not the wild grand adventurer type.
I don't "get one" with nature; I don't smoke that stange pipe.
And the dim glow of light barely showed me the way,
and the wind brought a chill through my bones as I lay
with my head on a rock as a pillow to sleep,
never knowing how long this wild journey would keep
me out walking, and striving, so awkwardly slow.
All I knew, all I know, was I just had to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home